NOTICE FROM THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:
All spring sport practices and parent meetings have been cancelled for today, March 12th.
We will keep you posted as to how we are going to proceed after we receive more information from our Athletic Director and Coaches. For now we will take it on a day by day basis until we know more.
As you may be aware from the AAPS COVID-19 Update – March 11th email from Dr. Swift this morning, the district has cancelled after school activities. However, the email states that Athletic events will proceed as scheduled through week’s end. Tryouts will proceed as scheduled.
- Monday, March 9th, – 4pm to 6pm – Holloway Field
- Tuesday, March 10th – 4pm to 6pm – Holloway Field
- Wednesday, March 11th – 4pm to 6pm – Holloway Field
- Team announcements 6:45pm to 7:15pm (Athletic Classroom)
Thursday, March 12th – Mandatory, parent/player general meeting in the Annex at 7pm
- We will be collecting the $175.00 fee at this meeting please make checks payable to “Pioneer Booster Club“ and be sure to write the player’s name in the memo space. Kindly note, players will not be able to collect their gear on Friday, March 13th unless this fee is paid. (This fee is waived for players on scholarship.)
Friday, March 13th – 4pm to 6pm practice. Following practice, teams will be introduced to the trainers and training room, and uniforms will be distributed in the Athletic Classroom.
Varsity Head Coach: Sid Levitt-Phillips
Junior Varsity Coach: Siobhan Norman
Registration/Physical/ Program Cost
Player Registration: Players must be registered and have the appropriate forms submitted with the Pioneer H.S. Athletic Office in order to participate in tryouts. Visit http://pioneerathletics.net/ and open the registration tab for details. Players must have all materials submitted before tryouts in order to participate.
We are excited to introduce the newest additions to our coaching staff — three awesome women who bring a wide set of skills and values to our program as you will see in the bios below.
We invite all players to meet with us on Wednesday, February 12th @ 6pm in the Annex room. Parents are encouraged to attend, as we will be providing important information on the spring season.
- Coaching introductions
- Structure & expectations for final weeks of preseason strength, conditioning & open gym
- Final steps of player registration
- Overview of team selection process
Siobhan Norman, Junior Varsity Coach
Siobhan has deep soccer roots as a player who has experienced all levels of development and competition, from being coached by pivotal soccer legends like Anson Dorrance and Mia Hamm to playing for Olympic Development teams and the University of Michigan. She began coaching boys and girls teams in the Ann Arbor area in 2005, and brings a philosophy to coaching that prioritizes the well-being of the player first.